- Göçmen Olmayan Vize Başvuruları
Instructions for applying for a nonimmigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul:
- Selecting the Proper Visa Class: It is very important that you select the proper visa category corresponding with your purpose of travel and pay the correct fee. Regrettably, we cannot interview you if you have selected the wrong visa category on your DS-160 form. If you select the wrong visa category on your DS-160 form, you will have to return home to correct your application, and schedule a second visa appointment. Please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1286.html to see visa classifications.
- DS-160 Application Form: Applicants must completely and accurately fill out, electronically sign, and submit the DS-160 at least three business days before the date of the appointment. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being turned away and asked to reschedule. If you would like more information on the DS-160, please visit http://turkey.usembassy.gov/ds_160.html.
- Appointment & Visa Fee: All visa applicants should follow instructions at usvisa-info.com to schedule an appointment either in Ankara or Istanbul starting 19 December 2012.
- Passport Validity: To be eligible for a U.S. visa, your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your date of arrival in the United States. If your passport has less than six month validity, please extend its validity before your interview.
- When to apply: You should apply for your visa at least 6-8 weeks in advance of your desired travel date.
- Consulate Closure Dates: The U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul will be closed on the following days in 2013.
Note to applicants who paid a visa application fee on or before 15 December 2012:
If you have already paid the visa application fee to TEB (Türk Ekonomi Bankası) prior to 15 December 2012 but have not scheduled an appointment yet, please follow the instructions below:
To schedule an appointment in Istanbul:
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- Send an e-mail to NIVurgent@state.gov. Please write “NIV GSS Appointment” in the subject line of your e-mail message. Your mail must include the following information:
- Your full name as written in your passport
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- DS-160 Confirmation/Barcode Number
- Passport Number
- TEB receipt number
- E-mail address
NOTE: Instructions for the delivery of your passport and visa will be given at the time of interview.
We will schedule you for an appointment and send you an appointment confirmation. On the day of visa interview please make sure to bring the TEB receipt with the other required documents listed on visa appointment confirmation e-mail.
Location and Contact Information:
- Istanbul: The Istanbul Consulate General is located at İstinye Mahallesi, Ucsehitler Sokak No.2, İstinye, 34460. If you have questions regarding nonimmigrant visas in Istanbul, please call the Consulate General at +90 212-335-9000 Monday through Friday between 14:30 and 15:30.
- Official Visa Services of The United States of America: Please use the following contact information to schedule your appointment for a visa interview: Visa Service Number (Turkey):+90 850-252-6355, U.S. Based Callers please use:(703) 439-2348, Skype ID:usvisaturkey