Welcome to the American Consulate General Human Resources (HR) Office information page. This page provides information about job vacancies at the Consulate and application procedures.
The Consulate HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.
You can submit a resume, preferably in English, with detailed information on education institutions attended and the area of education, additional training courses received, work experience with employment dates and with brief description of duties performed, and telephone numbers which we can reach you during the day-time.
You can obtain an application form for employment by downloading it from: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/istanbul/22897/humanresources/
DS174_application_form_eng.pdf. Please make sure that all boxes in the application form are completed, preferably in English. Applicants who do not speak English can complete the form in Turkish.
- Before sending your application to IstanbulHRO@state.gov, we would appreciate it if you could scan and attach all the necessary documents (i.e. copies of diploma, birth registration identity card, and military discharge document for male applicants) as stated in the announcement.
- Applicants applying to more than one position must submit separate applications with all the necessary documents for each position.
- A valid residency permit is required for all non-Turkish applicants to apply for positions.
- All Turkish male applicants must have completed compulsory military service.
- English tests will be administered to non-native English speakers; all testing is done in Turkey.
In all cases, applicants must provide additional documents required in the vacancy announcements.
You can deliver your application to the Consulate in three different ways:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (90-212) 335-9135
- Mail it to:
Human Resources Office
U.S. Consulate General
Üçşehitler Sokak No.2
İstinye 34460 Istanbul
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must submit your application before the "Closing Date of Applications" as written in the vacancy announcements. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Thank you very much for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission to Turkey.
General Rules For Application
The American Consulate General accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.
Only those applicants who fully meet the position's requirements should apply. Those who do not meet the qualification requirements for the job will not be considered.
Applications for specific vacancy announcements must be submitted strictly within the opening and closing dates for applications.
All areas of the application form must be completed in full, and the form must be signed and dated by the applicant. Incomplete application forms will not be considered for any job openings.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.