Death of an American Citizen Abroad
Death is a time of crisis for one's family and friends no matter where it takes place. If death occurs overseas the experience can be even more traumatic, especially if the procedures involved are not clearly understood.
There are several important things that the Next of Kin must do in conjunction with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate following the death of an American citizen in Turkey. We are ready to assist you with any of these steps at any point.
- Reporting the death of an American Citizen
- Communicating your relationship to the deceased
- Decisions to be made by the next of kin
- Communicating your decision on the disposition of remains
- Disposition of Remains Report
- Necessary Turkish Government Documents
- Funeral Home Arrangements in Turkey
- Transmitting funds
- The Report of Death